Sunday 30 September 2012

UFO Sunday link up

Hi !!
Well today I finished my little wholecloth, completed the binding and put little hanging pockets in the back. I'm really chuffed with it and while I was admiring it in my kitchen I thought ooh that space above it would look great with a wholecloth hung there. Sooooo yep that's gonna be a new project for the new year! I bought Karen mctavish's elemental quilting book and am going to use some of her designs to do it!
I've also been working on my WIP quilt and am still using it to do the practice for the free motion quilting project. I also decided to try some mctavishing I think I've done an ok job but had to travel stitch quite a lot. Looks ok though.
I have a question if anyone can help! My mum is currently working on a little table centre piece quilt and she sent me a pic of it. It's the sort of hexagonal pic at the bottom. The question is we like it with the point bits of the square sticking out to make it look hexagonal BUT how would you bind this??? We've both only ever done normal binding with 4 corners so we are a bit dubious of how to do it! Any ideas would be great!!!
Toodles

7 comments:

  1. I don't know about the binding. The inner corners look tricky. All of your quilting looks amazing, especially the McTavishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure whether those little corners are too small for the binding...I have done it on a bigger triangle and it turned out ok. Your McTavishing is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this series of videos on Youtube this weekend when I was looking for info on binding a Grandmother's Flower Garden. Maybe this one would help with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VGNcDoI-R8.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your lovely comments and help it is as always very much appreciated x will be giving the binding a go soon :/ ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waooo Linda, I'm so impressed with your work! Your quilts are amazing and the patterns so intricate, well done you!!

    ReplyDelete