Wednesday 25 July 2012

Bare branches

On Leah days quilt along this week it was a tutorial on bare branches which involves travel stitching. This I have been scared of trying as I didn't feel I was good enough to do this succesfully.
The reason I follow Leah's project is because she gives me the confidence to try these things. So I tried it!!! Some of my travel stitching was very off but others were ok. I do believe the wonky quilt has improved my skills quite a lot and I think this was Leah's plan!!!! To help me to improve without me realising it!!! She's good!!!
My confidence has increased a lot and although I still have a long way to go I'm happy with the way I'm progressing.
Still need to work on those feathers though!!!!!!!
Toodles

5 comments:

  1. Your travel stitching looks great!! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great! I love the texture it gives to the brown fabric. I've been scared to quilt with contrasting thread before but you did a fantastic job of it :-)

    --Christa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching looks very good and consistent to me. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your lovely comments!! I used the white thread so I could see what I was doing better really but it does show up mistakes a lot more. I think I'm going to use this filler in my borders on my current quilt but use a darker thread just in case :) thanks again x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on this! I don't see any mistakes :)

    ReplyDelete